Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Holiday Insanity Continues

Hello All!  The past two weeks have been a whirlwind.  We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we're not there yet.  I thought I'd just write a quick post to update you on Snodgrass happenings.

Late Dec. 16, I got home from Hawaii (see my last post).  On Dec. 18, we headed to Spokane (we did not want to take the trailer over the pass, so we stayed at a hotel) for a very busy weekend.  We had Christmas concerts Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sunday morning and evening.  It was a very busy but very blessed weekend.  We enjoyed our time away as a family during the day and then enjoyed serving at 5 different churches.

On Monday, Dec. 22, we left our hotel in Spokane and headed home.  We made it to Ellensburg, and then our truck engine passed on to that big junkyard in the sky.  We had not been having any trouble that we were aware of, so it's passing was very shocking and difficult for our family to deal with....ok, I apologize for my dramatics! :)  Our engine's death was a complete surprise to us and left us sitting in Wendy's for three hours trying to figure out what to do.  In the end, we left our truck at a mechanic temporarily and rented a car.  I'm sure we were quite a sight to see as we emptied our truck (the bed was COMPLETELY full) not knowing if we'd ever return to it and stuffed our belongings into the cute little Jeep Liberty which was the only vehicle available at the rental place.  Don't tell them but I expect we were riding a little low!  The boys sat side by side with a tower of belongings on the third back seat and their feet resting on other stuff.  I had my knees against the dash with more of our junk in my lap.  If it hadn't been such a long exhausting day for him, I would have envied my husband and his comfy driver seat.

Tuesday evening Josh had a Christmas concert and then Wednesday we did a Christmas Eve service at another church!  We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with my family on Thursday.  It was fun and relaxing!  Then, yesterday after much prayer and counsel (and because we were running out of time - rental due back on Monday and new tour starting on the 8th) we bought a new (to us) truck!

Needless to say, we are a bit pooped!  We rested today in preparation for tomorrow morning when we have to leave the trailer at 5:15am in order to get to the church we're ministering at by 8:45 (much driving and a ferry ride are involved).  Josh will play at The Lights of Christmas on Monday and Tuesday evening and then we will be done with ministry events until January 10th! Phew!  We are ready for that break!

We love you all and appreciate your prayers through this crazy holiday season!  I'll try to post more pics soon.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)
p.s. Next Friday (the 2nd) Josh and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary!  It has been the best 11 years of my life and I'm still madly in love with him.  Josh is my best friend, my hero, and love of my life! (just in case you were wondering ;)

When you finish reading this post, be sure to head back to my new blog at www.stilllearningtofollow.com  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment