Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Living Room Paradise


Sometimes we are given a gift that is extravagant!  This kind of gift brings tears to our eyes because we know the cost and we know the value.  Sometimes the givers have no idea how much that gift will mean and we have no way of really putting that into words…

A few months ago a couple dear friends bought me a ticket to Hawaii.    Of course, this seems extravagant, because it is.  Here’s the thing though, it isn’t the beach or the sun or the heat or the ocean that made this gift so valuable.  The value came in the people who were waiting for me with leis when I got off of the plane.

I just spent one week in paradise.  My paradise looked like a living room with two little ones who call me auntie (and not just because we were in Hawaii).  My paradise involved rocking a sleeping baby, bedtime stories, fantastic Bible teaching from one of my favorite pastors, late night conversations, and prayers with a family that have been “family” for several years…okay, I’ll admit the tropical fish, lagoon swimming, and sun bathing weren’t half bad either! ;)

I am beyond grateful for this precious week of refreshment with sweet friends! 
 the view from my morning run



 Our Luau date

 Flamingos at the zoo and a Sea Turtle on the Beach


What an amazing week!  Now, back to real life. ;)  We have five ministry events in the next 4 days!  Looking forward to worshipping the King!

When you finish reading this post, be sure to head back to my new blog at www.stilllearningtofollow.com 

2 comments: