Friday, November 14, 2014

snow, Snow, SNOW!

It is 27 degrees and snowing here in Boise.  I know some of you are where it is much colder, but for this Seattle girl it is downright FREEZING!  Yesterday we stayed inside all day.  It was so bitter cold and wet and COLD!  I let the boys go out to play in the snow today, though.  The wind isn't blowing so hard and they couldn't be contained any longer! :)  They are having a blast!  I am so grateful for a warm, dry trailer and no planned travel during this weather.  God held back the bad weather until after our mountain traveling was complete and this should all be melted and clear before we travel next weekend.  God is good!

It has been a hard week for me emotionally.  I am homesick, lonely and weary of traveling.  Ministry is going so well though, so I expect a lot of my discouragement is simply an attack of the enemy.  I am trying to treat it as such and spend more time in prayer and the word!  Yesterday, I escaped to the RV clubhouse hot tub (talk about a sweet surprise - we had no idea that would be here when we made the reservation!) to relax, have some "alone" time, and warm up.  I ended up chatting with a woman for nearly an hour about her traveling music ministry and God's miraculous gifting to her the ability to sing late in life.  What a beautiful divine appointment! :)  Then, I chatted on the phone with a couple dear friends.  I returned to the trailer feeling more encouraged and emotionally content than I've felt in many days.  God is so good!

This morning I found myself reading/praying these verses:

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.  Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you.  Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.  For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.  In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant."  Psalm 143:8-12

What a blessing to know that from the beginning of time, God has loved his children.  He hears us when we cry out to him.  He comforts and protects and guides.  We are safe in his arms.  "Thank you God for your goodness!"

We have concerts tonight, Sunday am and pm, next Wednesday, and Sunday am.  As always we appreciate your prayers for God to work in the hearts of those who attend, that they might know Him better! - I also updated the prayer page of this blog as well, if you'd like more specific prayer requests.  Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys and praying for these last days before a "home" break. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers! Can't wait to see you too! :)

    ReplyDelete