Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A little more Boise

Hello again from Boise.  We're here for a little bit longer.  The days are ticking away until we're "home for the holidays", and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting. 5!!!! :)

We are having a good time here, though.  This is the longest we've stayed in one place other than the Seattle and Billings areas (where we have family).  It has been interesting being in the same place for so long.  I think we'd know the area very well if it weren't for the arctic blast that froze everyone into their homes/trailers.  When we got here a couple weeks ago the weather was beautiful.  We went to the zoo and it was around 65 degrees and sunny (absolutely perfect weather if you ask me).

                                                                                        (yes, those are bats...yuk!)
 I think the reflection of my little guy in this pic is so cool!
 

So, after this fantastic weather we said, "This is amazing!  Let's come to Boise every year in November."...Famous last words...Last Thursday the temperatures plummeted and the snow fell and we thought to ourselves, "Let's never come here again!" :)
 Good morning to you too.


 the snow didn't make these two grumpy
making maple syrup candy "Little House on the Prairie" style
 

  Just kidding.  It hasn't been that bad.  Our trailer has handled the cold rather well, the kids love the snow, and we haven't had any concerts canceled, so I shouldn't complain. :)

It has been a wonderful couple weeks of ministry.  We have our last event here in the area tomorrow evening, then we're headed to Eastern Washington next weekend before heading back to Seattle.

If you've been following my blog for long, you know that when we're home I don't update the blog often.  I'll be honest, our time back is precious!  We add to our always busy ministry and family schedule, time with family and friends.  We have a particularly INSANE Christmas schedule, so we ask for your prayers for strength, energy, health and balance in addition to powerful ministry where people are pointed to Jesus.  I'll do my best to keep you up to date.  Love to you all and as always, thank you so much for your prayers! 

Here are a couple more pics just for fun.
 
 on our way to ID
 Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
 A legit cattle drive in nowhere land, ID.  I totally did not know these still happen. 
(confessions of a city girl) 
There were two cowboys on horses and a dog following this herd.
 "Why, hello there Mr. Cow.  You are uncomfortably close to my window. 
Please go back to your pasture somewhere.)

 I'm always so proud of my hubby. 
What a gift to be married to a man who so boldly shares the Gospel. 
He is "all in" for Jesus!  There is no doubt!
 

My sweet friend who lives in Hawaii was kind enough to send me a picture from the beach.  This was my response to her as I was out shopping in the 12 degree weather. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Bring some of that snow back to Seattle with you, please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure you are having! I cannot imagine keeping warm enough in a trailer; I can't stay warm enough in my house! Looking forwards to seeing your family and worshiping with your Spirit-led music!

    ReplyDelete