Thursday, November 6, 2014

Our Life is SO Weird

I'm sitting here at the dining room table/food prep counter/homeschool desk/computer desk in our trailer.  Josh is sitting about 10 feet away from me in his office, the truck.  It is a really nice day today, so I have a window open.  I can hear the boys playing happily outside on the little patio on our campsite.  This feels very normal.  Earlier the boys and I worked on schoolwork in here while Josh made booking phone calls in the truck and in just a little while I'll set this table with dinner and we will eat as a family.  I have a few brief moments by myself in the trailer right now, and I am relishing them.

When I sat down to update my blog, the first thing that came to my mind is the number 17.  Seventeen days until we're "home".  I am so excited to see family and friends and to begin our holiday celebrations.  Then I began to think about how very, very different this visit "home" will be.  This will be the first time we actually stay at an RV park in the Seattle area.  We'll be there for just over 6 weeks and we have no house or apartment, so we'll park our little trailer and live at the RV park.  This is bittersweet.  On the one hand, it will be a blessing to sleep in our own beds, cook in my own kitchen, and continue to have a place of our very own.  On the other hand, this won't be so different from our time on the road and in the past I've looked forward to something different when we go "home".

This time will also be different because we have such a busy concert schedule.  Two of the weekends we'll actually leave town and the rest of the time we have a ton of concerts/church services locally.  It is wonderful to be able to continue the work of the ministry God has called us to through the holidays!  Of course, that means that this is yet another way that life will not be so different from our time on the road...

So I find myself re-evaluating this word "home" again.  That seems to happen every time we are on our way back to the Seattle area.  The reality is -  Renton is where our friends and our church are and North of Seattle is where my family is, where I am auntie and sister and daughter.  But, wherever this little trailer is, is where I am mommy and wife and most importantly, it is where I know,beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am doing exactly what God wants me to be doing.  I am in the center of His will here and I think that means that here in this trailer, with my family, wherever we go I am home.


 Fun with the Ignite interns :)
 
giving a quick guitar lesson to an Ignite intern after chapel
 


4 comments:

  1. Your life IS so weird. I can't imagine doing what you are doing, but I am thankful that you know you are where God wants you, and has you for now! I am thankful He is providing. I love hearing updates, and seeing pictures of your life. And thankful that we'll have you back here in just a few weeks! Hopeful for times that we can connect while you are "home". Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wassssuuuupppp?!?
    Ditto on what Debbie said...we are looking forward to seeing you all.
    Hope you have some awesome times of ministry in Idaho in the mean time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on what D&D said. We pray for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you all and can't wait to see you! And your prayers...well, there are no words for their value to us! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete