Tuesday, August 19, 2014

World's Worst Blogger

Okay, it's official.  I am the world's worst blogger!  I am confident advertisers will never offer to pay me to advertise on my blog...not that I ever expected or even hoped for that.  Truly, this blog is intended to keep friends and family updated about our ministry adventures...and it's often a therapeutic way for me to process things that God is teaching me.  That being said, if you've been reading this blog for long, you've come to expect that when we are "home" (Seattle area) I kind of drop off the grid.  This is because time with my friends and family at home is too precious to miss even a moment of it with computer time!  I do apologize, especially to the many wonderful friends that we have that are not in the Seattle area.  I know that to you, our time at home is no different than our time on the road and you like to be updated regardless.  However, for us time back home is essential for our spiritual and emotional well-being.   We're usually only home for a couple weeks, so I like to make very moment count.  With that in mind, I'm going to give you a quick update on the past couple weeks and the upcoming weeks...and then I'm going to log off and not make any promises about writing again for the next couple weeks.  I'll try...but don't count on it. :)

When we got back from Guatemala, we got really sick.  We all had a nasty cold that hung on for a long time.  That first week back was kind of a blur of sleeping, driving, laundry, and coughing.  Last Monday (8/11), one of my sister's had a new baby.  She is a beautiful, healthy little girl and I adore her!!!  Our family was blessed to stay with some dear friends last week.  It was an extremely restful, refreshing, blessed week.  What a gift that they would open their home to us and allow us freedom to just rest.  During the week, the boys attended VBS at our home church, which was such a treat for them and I visited with my sister and baby niece.  For the next couple weeks, we have our trailer parked at my sister's house and we are enjoying time with her family!  The cousins all get to play together every day and I'm helping around the house a little...in between snuggling sweet baby girl!  I'm overjoyed at the opportunity to spend so much time with all of them!

In the meantime, Josh is doing some recording at my Dad's studio and we'll have a couple events north of Seattle this weekend.  We'll be back on the road September 6, heading east toward Billings, MT. 

Well, that's my quick update so you're not all wondering if we're still alive.  Like I said, I'll try to write a couple more times in the next couple weeks, but no promises! :)  Love to you all!....now I have a baby to snuggle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment