Saturday, August 2, 2014

This is the day the Lord has made!

Today's outreach event was amazing!  PFM hasn't had an outreach event like this since March and the attendance today was way more than expected.  I'll let you know the guesstimated count tomorrow, but it was well over the 200 that I counted at 9:30.  Children and families just kept coming and coming and coming!  It was amazing.  I'm not going to write a ton because I'm exhausted and Josh and I are leading a portion of the worship at church tomorrow. 

The pictures show more than my words could ever tell anyway! (The definitely don't show the large number of people there very well, but you can see the fantastic time everyone was having!)
 The main draw of the outreach was a soccer tournament.  PFM invited several school teams to participate and our Potter's Field Kids club has a team as well.
 Warming up for the tournament

 We had a trampoline and two bouncy houses, a large and small.  This is where my boys spent most of the morning.
 Face painting was a huge hit too!  There were four Ignite interns working at these tables for the entire outreach and the lines were consistently 5 or more long for each of the interns.

 These are mi amigos! They were hilarious trying to jump rope!  The kept taking turns and all three struggled but they were having so much fun!
 Me and my amigos Miguel, Oscar, Angel, and Alex?

 Josh and I got roped into a volleyball game with my very persuasive friend Angel!  Before long there were about 5 boys and 2 girls on each side.  It was so much fun!
 This little cutie was so determined to speak Spanish to me.  It was adorable.  With most of the kids, I could convince them that I only new a little and they would dumb down their spanish for my sake, but not her.  She spoke at full speed telling me all kinds of things I never did understand, but her smile made every moment with her a joy!  We colored together for a while (with the little boy below) and then when she was sad because she wasn't allowed to use the face paint on me I distracted her with selfies (see below)

 He spent probably 20 minutes working on making this picture just perfect!


I'll post more pics tomorrow, until then I will go to bed with a heart overflowing with joy and gratitude.  Today.....was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment