Friday, July 11, 2014

Prayer Requests and Pics

Okay, before I give you a bunch of pictures and updates on our fun family adventures, I'm going to be honest and ask for prayer!

In many ways, this trip is going fantastic.  We are having beautiful weather and enjoying time out in God's creation!  Josh is having really productive booking days.  God is opening new doors all of the time and blessing our ministry at each event.  We see Him moving in and through us!  We are humbled and grateful to be used.  Also, we are all healthy and the trailer and truck are fully functional (no mechanical issues or leaks! Yay!)....

On the other hand, we seem to be under pretty heavy spiritual attack.  Our emotional state does not reflect God's abundant blessing.  Josh and I are struggling to sleep at night, stress and nightmares keep us awake.  Josh is struggling with discouragement and I feel impatient, frustrated, and irritable.  We are being extra intentional about having personal quiet times in the Word, praying together as a family, and listening to sermons.  We know that lies must be fought with Truth and we are working hard to saturate ourselves in the Light.  We'd so appreciate your prayers!  (just as a reminder, you can find ongoing prayer requests here http://stilllearningtofollow.blogspot.com/p/praises-and-prayer.html )

That being said, here are some pics of the past couple weeks! :)


Awesome Fourth of July parade in a little town in central Oregon!

 waiting for the fireworks

still waiting



Ooooh!  Ahhhh!

Snake video at the Douglas County Museum 
(we were here this spring and the boys were so excited to come back)

Explorers!

playing in the river at our campground



 floating on a froggy :p

Crater Lake!


 Aaaaah!  Don't you just love this!?!



that's the "Phantom Ship" in the distance

I'll write again soon!  Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'll definitely be praying for you guys. I love that you are combating this spiritual attack with the truth. That's a good thing to do, and it's a good reminder for me to do the same thing.
    On another note, I almost started crying when I saw what book you were reading. (And I'm so glad someone caught the Muppet Treasure Island reference! I love that movie.)
    I love seeing all the pictures! Especially from the museums and such that you guys visit. They look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love keeping up with you this way. Our prayers go with you (daily).

    ReplyDelete