Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bondage

Bondage....Sin.....Lies.....Products of "The Fall", results of sin that entered the world and tainted God's perfect creation.  Disobedience reveals rebellion and begets destruction...and bondage.

I am weary of fighting the same battle over and over.  Why must I struggle with the same lies time and time again?

Do I choose the chains?  Do I go looking for them because they are familiar?
or
Do they come for me?  Does the enemy send them after me as he whispers lies in my ear to distract me, so that I do not notice when the shackles fix themselves on my ankles?

Perhaps sometimes it's both.  Perhaps that's why I can be completely free one moment and the next moment I am suffocating under the weight of lies strangling me.

I am weary, but I will not lose heart.  I will not stop running until I reach the finish line.  I will not quit.  I will not give up.  I will not surrender, except to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I will throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and I will do it again and again and again!  I will run with perseverance the race marked out for me!  I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

When I am weary.  When I am tired of fighting this battle I will consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that I will NOT grow weary and lose heart.  I will remember that in my struggle against sin, I have not yet resisted to the point of shedding my blood. (see Hebrews 12:1-4)

No, Christ shed his blood for me.  He came to set me free and I am free indeed.

Sorry, Satan, you can't have this one!  She belongs to Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment