Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Day in Our Shoes: Part 5

I'm sure I've said this before, but being "home" is exhausting!  We do treasure this time.  We need it and we love it, but it wears me out!  Being on the road definitely has become our "normal".  When we're traveling, we are able to have some level of routine and predictability.  When we're back here however, every day is different and super busy!

With that in mind, I thought I'd do "A Day in Our Shoes" post about our times back here.  Of course, this is kind of a silly thing to try to do because there is so very little consistency with each time we're back.  But I can at least give you a little bit of an idea of what our time looks like when we're here.

First of all, where is "here"?

Well, we always tell people home is where our trailer is.  That is definitely true!  For the sake of this post though, you can assume that when I say "home" I'm referring to the greater Seattle area.  My parents and siblings all live north of Seattle and our home church and most of our friends live south of Seattle in Renton.

We usually park our trailer at my sister's house, so that has been "home" for the past two weeks.  We sleep, eat, and do schoolwork in the trailer, but the boys and I spend a lot of our time in the house with my sister and her kids.
 
What do we do here? - Here's a brief rundown of the past couple of weeks.
 
5/14 - drive to Anna's (my sister), set up trailer, visit with cousins
note: "cousins" = Anna's kids.  Anna and I work hard to make sure our kids spend as much time together as possible.  I have lots of wonderful memories of playing with my cousins as a child!  Anna and I want that for our kiddos!  So far so good! :)

It takes quite the stack of boards to get our trailer level at my sister's house!
 
5/15 - spend morning with cousins, drive to Lynnwood to work on recording, dinner my family
Engineer and Producer by day, Guitar player by night ;)

Yes folks, that's me in the studio!  Stay tuned! :)
 

5/16 - drive to Eastern Washington, stay in hotel
5/17 - do two church services in Eastern Washington, stay in hotel
5/18 - drive home from Eastern Washington, spend time with cousins
5/19 - Josh spend day booking, Sarah and boy's hang out with cousins
5/20 - Drive to studio & drop of Josh to record (and Noah to play), Sarah and Caden drive to dentist and orthodontist appointments, then come back to the studio to do a little more recording once the feeling returned in my cheek!
Curse you Starburst Jelly Beans! :-P
 
Things did not start off so well in the studio!
But after a few tries I felt better! :)
 

5/21 - Josh dentist appointment and then spend day recording
5/22 - visit with my brother & his girlfriend, drive to Renton to spend time with pastor and friends from church
Auntie Debb always has a fun project for the boys when we visit! - decorating pillow cases

 5/23 - Josh breakfast with our pastor, spend time with friends, Sarah get a hair cut, RELAX
 
 Shhhh!  I didn't ask any of these lovely people's permission to post their picture!  Good thing I know they love me! ;)
 
5/24 - attend home church, lunch with church friends, drive back north to rest because I wasn't feeling well

It is always such a blessing to visit our home church.  This is a place that we feel most at home and with family!
 

5/25 - homeschooling, Josh recording
5/26 - homeschooling, Josh recording and booking
5/27 - homeschooling, Josh & Sarah recording, sort through storage, begin preparations to leave
5/28 - homeschooling, pack to leave, spend time with cousins
5/29 - drive to Eastern Washington - Summer Tour Begins
 
As you can see, we do a TON of driving around when we are back here.  We have family in Lake Stevens and Lynnwood, friends and church in Renton, dentists in Edmonds, Shoreline, and Renton, and doctors in Lynnwood and Burien!  (if you're not familiar with the area, pull out a map and imagine horrible traffic anywhere you go between 7-10am and 2-7pm!)
 
Despite the running around and the exhaustion, we love being back and connecting with everyone here!  Our summer tour is the longest one of the year so saying goodbye later this week will be particularly difficult!
 
Now you have an idea of what we've been up to the past several days and why I don't blog much when we're here! :)
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment: