Monday, May 11, 2015

A Day in Our Shoes : Part 3

Happy Monday!  I enjoyed my Mother's Day yesterday.  We ministered at two churches yesterday morning and then had a relaxing afternoon and evening.  I am blessed! :)

As promised, I took some pictures yesterday to help give you a picture of what our Sundays look like.
We often have a morning and evening service, but yesterday we had two morning services and no evening service.

We recently got a new shipment of Potter's Field material, so Saturday night I sorted through all of it and got my bins ready to take to the churches Sunday morning.

-taking pictures wasn't as easy as I had hoped due to the busyness of the morning, but we got a few-

We had to leave the trailer at 7:15 to get to our first church by 8am.  This is a pretty average time for us to leave on a Sunday morning.

 It was a beautiful drive.
still trying to wake up...


On the way to church, we spend a few minutes praying for the service as a family and then I do some vocal warm ups.  When we arrive, everyone charges into action.  We take a couple trips to get all of our equipment and product bins into the church.  Then Caden helps Josh set up on the platform, while Noah helps me set up the table.

(The baby cradle on the end of our table was not ours.  The church was sharing that corner of our table.  They were raising money for Pregnancy Resource Center, which is awesome!)

After everything is set up, we sound check.  I forgot to have one of the boy's take pictures of us sound checking together, so you won't see any pics of me on the mic.  You'll just have to take my word for it...I was there! ;)
 "check, check, is this thing on?"
We had horrible technical difficulties at the first service!  We were still trying to get Josh's guitar into the system at about 5 minutes before the service started.  Eventually, we got him through the house, but could not adjust my monitor.  I was really panicked about how difficult it would be to hear myself, which causes me to sing too loud and can strain my voice. - for an explanation about why that matters you can listen to my testimony "Sarah's Testimony" on the homepage of our ministry website www.onehopeonetruth.org.  God was faithful to care for me though, and some how I was able to hear myself fine during the service despite the difficulties during sound check!  God is so good!
My boy's are great at keeping themselves busy while we sound check and during the service!

During the service, we lead worship together, Josh plays instrumental guitar and shares a message/testimony, I share my testimony, and (at most churches) we share about our partnership with Potter's Field MInistries. 

After the first service was over, I went to the table to talk to people and sell CDs.  Josh talks to people as well.  Meanwhile, Caden packs up Josh's guitar equipment.

Noah was Caden's photographer while I manned the table
 !
Rushing off to the second church!  This calls for another cup of coffee! :)

I wasn't able to get any pictures from the second church, but it was a blessed morning of ministry.  Of course, you're only seeing the practical moment by moment stuff.  We pray God worked in a powerful way through us, both through our ministry on the platform and our conversations before and after.

If you ever have any questions about what we do and why, please feel free to comment below or get in contact through our ministry website.



Relaxing after a busy morning!

* Visit my new blog location at www.StillLearningToFollow.com *

No comments:

Post a Comment