Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Day at Glacier

Today was such a gift!  The weather was perfect and we spent the day in arguably one of the most beautiful places on earth!  I am grateful for God's incredible creativity and brilliant artistry!  I'll post a few pics, but sadly they are taken with my cheap smartphone.  You'd be better off looking up Glacier National Park on pinterest! :)








These next two are my favorites!
 Love!  Love!  Love!  these kiddos!
My guys!

A couple little notes on Snodgrass vacations/hiking:

1) Josh and I are workaholics!  We have to keep each other accountable regularly saying things like "You're not checking your email are you?!"  or "Hey!  That looks like work!"
2)When hiking in Grizzly Country (as we were today), we carry bear spray, just in case...However, in spite of the many large signs warning about bears and mountain lions and the attractive advertisements promising sightings of deer, mountain goats, etc...the only wildlife we have seen on our hiking adventures have been large slugs and a tree frog!....Any guesses as to why?....Well, let's just say, my boys take the whole "make noise so you don't surprise a bear" thing, very seriously!  I'm pretty sure we scare away all the wildlife within a mile radius of anywhere we go
Hiking = beautiful? yes!....peaceful? not so much!

3)You would not believe the amount of times we have had to cut a hike short because someone had to go to the bathroom!?!  It's amazing we ever get anywhere!

4)My sister Leah has often found great amusement in the bizarre instructions/responses I have to give my little boys.  Today would not have disappointed her.  Just a sample from today : "Don't swat at the butterfly!"  "Don't flick the frog!" "Get your head out of the garbage can!"  and my personal favorite (in response to the repeated climbing, hanging, balancing, leaning way too close to the rushing rapids) "DO YOU WANT TO DIE TODAY?!?"

Tomorrow, we shall do it all again!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, when I saw those pictures of them on the fence, my mama-heart jumped into my throat! I'm sure you were on them! Glad you guys have gotten a little break - sometimes it takes a lot for us to really rest, doesn't it?! See you in almost a week!

    ReplyDelete