Monday, February 16, 2015

I LOVE THE SUNSHINE!!!

The past couple of weeks have been nice.  We have enjoyed productive weeks with good booking contacts made on Josh's part, homeschooling with good attitudes, and great ministry events.  I've begun the planning for our brief time "home" in March - scheduling doctor and dentist appointments and planning a birthday party for Caden and his cousin. 
 
Josh attended a men's Bible study on Tuesdays at a church near where we've been staying the past five weeks.  He has come home every week so encouraged by his time with those men.  He was disappointed to leave and he hopes to locate a men's study each week in whichever town we are in.:)  He also looks forward to attending the Bible study that he used to be a part of at our home church, when we're back in town.
 
The weekend before last, we went to the Jelly Belly factory on our day off.  There is a free tour with lots of samples.:)  We had a lot of fun and learned all about the making of all things Jelly Belly.
 
This past weekend was very full (particularly full of driving).  We shared at a Valentine's Dinner on Friday that was about 3 hours away (thanks to good 'ole Cali traffic).  The drive was long, but beautiful and we had such a wonderful evening.  God used us to bless and encourage many, and He used the whole evening as a sweet gift to us.  We got to connect with a new church, learn all about the pastor's life of ministry and overseas missions, and enjoy a delicious steak dinner!
 
Saturday we had big plans for our Valentine's Day.  We planned to drive to see the Golden Gate Bridge and then visit Muir Woods, which is said to have some giant redwoods.  Well...things did not go exactly as planned. 
 
First of all, let me say that we did not even go into San Francisco AND it was a Saturday (not a typical rush hour day), but traffic was HORRENDOUS!  It took us much longer than anticipated to get to a viewing point of the Golden Gate bridge.  Because of the traffic, we did not get to the closest viewing point, but we still had a great view and it was worth the long drive!
 




 


 After spending some time enjoying this view, we loaded back in the car and headed to Muir Park.  Here's where our plans started to fall apart.  It should have only taken about 15 minutes to get there, but because of the traffic it took us about 3 hours!!!  We spent most of the drive on a two lane road bumper to bumper with absolutely no where to turn around!  We crawled inch by inch into the park, where (OF COURSE) there was absolutely no parking!  The first spot to park in was about 5 miles out of the park.  Well, there was no way my boys were going to be able to walk 5 miles to the park, then around the park, then 5 miles back. So, we continued to wind our way away from the park and then back into traffic to go back toward the trailer.  All in all, we spent about 7 hours in the car with a 20 minute break at the Golden Gate Bridge.  I was so proud of the boy's attitudes during this stressful and disappointing day.  We all tried to focus on the beauty of God's creation through the windows and then we closed out our day with dinner at Olive Garden and a trip to a playground near our trailer.  The day did not go as we hoped, but I still found myself overwhelmed by the blessings of my God as I sat down to a delicious dinner with my three handsome valentines! :)
 
Sunday involved another long drive to and from church, but once again we enjoyed the beautiful scernery.  This area is so gorgeous!  We had a wonderful morning of worship and then enjoyed a special ice cream treat with a couple we met at church!  We continue to see God's hand in this ministry as He opens doors not just for our ministry presentation, but for fruitful conversations and friendships developed.  He keeps molding and shaping this ministry and we keep trying to be pliable in His hands. :)
 
As always, we are grateful beyond words for your love and prayers.  We'll keep trying to follow where He leads! :)
 
(Below are a few random pictures from the past couple of weeks.  Also, I updated our prayer and praise page on this website, so we'd love it if you'd check that out and keep praying for us! Thanks!)
 
 
 A sunset walk with my valentine!
 
 
 
This California winter is spoiling me!  I can't believe it's sunny and 70 in the middle of February!  I know I sound like I'm bragging, but I can't help it.  I'm used to rain and clouds and rain and clouds and cold this time of year!  This is just so wonderful! :)
 
 
 My morning quiet time in the truck
My man doing his thing!

 My sweet valentine brought me roses, but I seem to have forgotten to pack a vase! :)  That's ok, this way they bring an even bigger smile to my face every time I look at them!
Little boy shenanigans

 You can't really tell, but not only was this field full of windmills, it was also full of baby lambs and there mamas. 


 
 
Will write again soon"ish" ;)






1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That's a long time to be stuck in traffic! I'm glad you got to enjoy the scenery and the Golden Gate Bridge, though. Great pictures. I love your makeshift vase. Where can I get one? ;) And whatever did that poor giraffe do to incur such treatment?

    ReplyDelete