Thursday, August 13, 2015

Glacier and Whitefish Adventures


This summer has been...beautiful and blessed!  When we left my sister's house eleven weeks ago, my heart was heavy but hopeful.  Saying goodbye to my nieces and nephew is always the hardest!  They grow so fast and change so much...and I know the dreaded "stranger anxiety" will come soon for the one year old, and I'm terrified of being that - a stranger. 
I also knew that saying goodbye for three months would mean missing the birth of my newest niece!  I am now counting down the days until I meet her! (7) !  Although we live in our trailer year round and often travel even when we're technically "home", I still measure our "tours" by weeks away from these precious little ones and the rest of my Seattle friends and family.  That being said, I knew this would be the longest time away for the year and we have yet to go on the road for more than 8 weeks without me having a homesick, emotional breakdown sooner or later.

However, as I said, I was also hopeful!  I knew God had big things planned for this summer and I was anxious to see what He would do.  I knew we would be more stationary than usual, spending three weeks at the first RV park, four weeks at Josh's parent's and then four weeks in Whitefish - that meant some stability which I looked forward to.  I knew we'd be working hard to finish my worship CD.  I knew we were going to many new churches.  I knew we'd get to visit Yellowstone National park for the first time and Glacier National Park several times.  I knew my boys would get to go to horse camp!






Of course, our God loves to exceed our expectations - to move in bigger, bolder, wiser, supernatural ways in and through us!

So let me tell you what else happened this summer...
We saw lives changed and people come to Christ!
We participated in authentic, humble worship over and over!
We watched our boys display spiritual growth and Biblical understanding that we had not seen before!
We finished writing a worship song - the first we've written since before my vocal injury!
We finished recording our worship album and sent it off for duplication!
We were blessed with a free multi-site, professional photo shoot! This gave us photos for our worship album as well as our new website - which Josh is working on!
I continue to see God's hand of healing in my heart in an area of personal struggle!
Josh began the process of writing a book!
God continues to provide for our ministry financially!
Our boys have shown significant growth in areas we've been working on and praying through both with their schooling and their character!
Our boys made some friends at the RV park we've been staying at so Noah had a friend to invite to celebrate his birthday with!
We have had opportunities to make new friends and minister to a few individuals during our extended RV park stays!


Our God is an awesome, mighty, generous God!  I am so grateful for His hand in our lives!

Now as we wrap up this trip and head "home" for a couple weeks, I continue to wait in anticipation of all God has in store! :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment