Thursday, January 22, 2015

We Keep Our Bread on the Printer...Where Do You Keep Yours?

NOTE: This blog has moved!  So, when you finish reading this post, be sure to head over to my new blog location at www.stilllearningtofollow.com !

Tuesday night I was cooking dinner and there was a knock on our trailer door.  No one EVER knocks on our trailer door.  Josh opened the door and in walked my Mama!  I was completely surprised.  Remember, my mom lives in the Seattle area and we are west of Sacramento!   It turns out she had an unexpected business trip to Sacramento this week and drove out to surprise us.  The boys and I were so excited to see her in the middle of our tour!  What a gift!  We spent the evening chatting and playing “Trouble”.  What a fun surprise!

After she left that evening Josh and I were talking about how this was the first time we have had a visitor in our trailer.  Of course, we have family and friends who have been inside the trailer, but this was the first official visitor.  Josh even had to bring in a lawn chair so we all had someplace to sit for dinner. J 

This got me thinking that some of you might think it was fun to know a little bit more about what our “normal” looks like – what it’s like to live (every day, all year) in a trailer.  So, I took some pictures of some of the creative ways that we make living/touring/managing a ministry/homeschooling in our trailer work. 
This is Thing 1's bed (the bottom bunk) aka play space, "desk", wrestling ring, and LEGO construction site.  You can see papers taped to the wall.  I provide the boys with an unlimited supply of blue tape so that can hang artwork, memory verses, and as you see on the right - chore charts.




Here you see our multifunctional “cubby”.  We store our printer, wii, and bread here. J  Next to it you see some of the boy’s artwork and a reminder to think only about what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. J (Philippians 4:8)




Our microwave doubles as cereal and potato chip storage!





I'm particularly proud of this one.  This was one of my projects today.  Here you see me de-frosting our fridge and freezer.  I have a little heater balanced on our oatmeal container on top of our laundry basket.  It is blowing heat into the fridge to speed the melting!  Impressive, right? ;)



And last but not least - this is our new truck... Josh's office.
Well, there you have it - a little peek at our life.  Tomorrow is our "Sabbath".  We're hoping to go to the zoo.  Next week I'm traveling to spend time with my cousin, which will be such a blessing but will make for a very busy week.  We have two church services Sunday, then I fly out on a red-eye.  I'll be gone for the week.  Then I'll fly back on Saturday and we'll have a church service on the next day.  I'd appreciate prayers for strength, health, and safety while I travel.  And of course for God's blessings and protection on my boys while I'm away. :)
We remain grateful for God's provision.  He takes such good care of us and we are privileged to be His servants and followers.  Love to you all!

NOTE: This blog has moved!  So, when you finish reading this post, be sure to head over to my new blog location at www.stilllearningtofollow.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment