Monday, September 8, 2014

Wow! The Internet Connection is BAD here!

We made it safe and sound to Spokane and survived our first weekend of the tour. :)

Saturday was driving and set-up day.  It was hard to leave my sister's house.  What an amazing blessing it was to spend those three weeks with her family!  Our travel was easy and uneventful; and considering the fact that we are practically "professionals" at setting up camp at the RV parks, that went very smoothly as well.

Yesterday, we had two ministry events (with a Costco trip and a nap sandwiched in between). Our tour started off with services at two churches that we've been to in the past.  It was a gift to get back into the swing of things, by performing/speaking/worshiping with churches that we know and love!

Today we officially started school!  We are now in 3rd and 1st grade.  I say "we" because I'm pretty certain I'm doing far more work then either of them, so I should get credit for being in the grade as well!  Don't you think?!:)  We had intended to continue school through the summer, but that ended up being pretty minimal.  They both did read quite a bit and we visited lots of state and national parks though.  Our boys are Junior Rangers at four different parks.  I was proud today, though to see how much the boys had learned and retained over the summer!  It was a good day!

We have events tomorrow and Wednesday night.  We'd appreciate your prayers that God would use us as He sees fit at each of the churches He has led us to.

I'll do my best to write again later this week, but let me tell you the wifi connection at this park STINKS!  Between that and sharing the laptop with my hubby, it's not easy to post....I'll keep trying though :)

One other quick prayer request : our oven and stove have decided to stop working :(  Josh spent quite a while today trying to figure out the problem, but so far he's been unable to resolve the problem. (Interestingly, last time we were at this RV park our fridge stopped working...perhaps we need a new place to stay while in Spokane?! :p )

Love from our family to yours!
Sarah

A quick little side note - If you've been following my blog for long, you have noticed that I don't post many pictures of my kiddos.  When I do post pics of them, I try to keep their faces out of the picture.  I apologize as I know that many of you would love to see more of them.  However, this is a public blog, so I've decided for the sake of their privacy to keep their handsome faces off the world wide web.  Thanks for your understanding! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment